Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > System data files corrupt from freeze up...
System data files corrupt from freeze up. Help?

2016 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2017-05-21 22:16:11

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Autotechdude
    2017-05-21 22:16:11
      Over the course of several weeks,  I managed to update my DS708, and after finally getting the scan_arm file updated (after so many crashes I was dreaming in MS-DOS mode, LoL) I discovered that each and every freezeup/crash had taken its toll.

I won't go into every problem I had before the final meltdown, but now the files are so corrupt from crashing midstream (on the memory chip) that I can't even copy it.  Obviously, if they can't be copied they can't be run, which means my scanner is now more useless than it ever was.

I don't mind having to reload updates or whatever, but at this point I need a working set of files or my scanner is bricked.  Would it be possible to get a copy of the chip files to put on a new chip and try to run?  Like I said, I don't mind having to update everything again to make it work (like updating the scan_arm file and the systems files)  but when the only device that will even *read* the chip is an app programmed in Sanskrit, its time to get busy and get CLEAN files. 

I just gotta ask: have the new models got their own harddrive so they don't depend on removable storage for their operating files?

Anyway, PLEASE ADVISE SOONEST! With my scanner down - again, fercrineoutloud - I am behind the 8-ball once more and don't have the dependable diagnostic tool I need to do my work.

Also, can you provide a list of items I will need to DL and install, as well as any pertinent instructions, please?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Total1 Pages